Thursday 31 January 2008

A room with a view...


Weather: Windy and mildish but getting colder. Daytime temperature 7C
Well - despite my resolution not to sow seed too early this year I couldn't resist getting a few things growing! I sowed aubergine in a heated seed tray in the greenhouse and a few Tom Thumb lettuces plus a red variety that I bought from the real seed company.

I sowed an extra tray to bring in and put on the windowsill in my office which is about the only bright windowsill in the house. Five days after sowing the seedlings are showing! (OK you'll need a magnifying glass to see them in the photo but they are there I promise.) I also transplanted parsley seedlings that I had sown just after the new year (the pots on the right) and they've picked up. So with the mint that I brought in before Christmas in the pot on the left I really feel a sense of the new growing season starting!

Snow showers forecast for tomorrow.

1 comment:

Rach. said...

It is very exciting when seeds start growing! I did the same and planted some tomato seeds far too early a few weeks ago. But they seem to be surviving indoors. Just hope they'll cope when the time comes to put them outside!

Rach
http://thebigsofa.wordpress.com