Friday 25 January 2008

What a difference 5 days make....

Weather: Mild for January. No frost last night (or for the last few nights) and 9C today.

Picture above taken today. Picture on the right taken five days ago...who says you can't see plants grow!


I reckon these daffs by the urn have been growing at half and inch (sorry 1cm) a day.

I haven't got time to do any gardening today so that's it for now. Only to say that by way of experiment - remember the japanese quince twigs I brought in and put in a vase a couple of weeks back that flowered pale pink? Well - I've cut some more twigs today, this time slightly closer to flowering than the first bunch. This time the buds are already swollen.

I've put them in water. What colour will they turn out to be....pink again or the deep red that I know the plant to be when it flowers naturally outdoors?

Watch this space!

No comments: