Tuesday 8 January 2008

Give me just a little more Thyme...

Weather: windy and changeable - which means mainly dull but with odd bits of blue sky and no frost last night. Daytime temperature 10C



It's back to work properly today - so I haven't had much time to get outside. But I have had a little time for my thyme! I am useless with thyme. I just can't get it to grow here. Perhaps the soil is too fertile for it. Last year I thought I'd cracked it by putting it in a tub using very gritty poor soil and hardly watering it (although the weather conspired against me on that one last summer). As you can see it is hardly a prize specimen at the moment - just after taking that photograph I gave it a hair cut and brought the best bits indoors and put it in a jar on the windowsill next to the last remains of Christmas. I can never bring myself to throw my Poinsettia out when I take the rest of the decorations down.


Anyway I now have a jar of fresh thyme for cooking with over the next few weeks










No comments: